Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Adland: Searching for the Meaning of Life on a Branded Planet

I have begun reading Adland: Searching for the Meaning of Life on a Branded Planet By James Othmer. I am only about 1/2 through the 300 some-odd page book, but it's been a great insight thus far. The reading is easy and comes with my sense of humor. That is, sarcasm and stating the obvious for people who can't see it for themselves. Othmer takes you through this 20 year journey in the advertising industry, beginning as a copywriter to becoming a creative director, and all the ups, downs, the idiotic, the hilarious, and just plain stupid. In between it all, it has given me some good angels and insights on the agency life, to which I will ponder on my own...

I would definitely recommend it to anyone in the industry that's looking for an easy, yet worthwhile read.

No comments:

Post a Comment